The MCC-500MD medical video camera is the latest edition to Sony’s comprehensive line-up. This affordably priced camera features the latest generation image sensor technology for better low light sensitivity than traditional 1/3 sized image sensor technology for superb image reproduction capability. The camera consists of a compact camera control unit and one camera head with 1/2.9-type single (1920 x 1080) Exmor™ CMOS sensor, featuring 2.07 million pixels. By combining the Exmor image sensor with Sony’s image processing technologies, the MCC-500MD provides an excellent sensitivity of F5.6, a remarkable signal-to noise ratio of 55db, and a high horizontal resolution of 900 TV lines or more. The MCC-500MD has enough output flexibility to fit a range of medical environments, with HDMI, HD-SDI (3G-SDI), S Video, and Composite video connectivity. Furthermore, Full HD (1920 x 1080) quality 60-fps progressive scan technology results in smooth images with reduced blur when HDMI or HD-SDI is used – ideal for viewing fast- moving images. All of the camera’s outputs are active simultaneously, so it is ideal for use with 2nd or 3rd monitors in the operating room. Together with Sony’s medical-grade recorders and monitors, the MCC-500MD is the ideal solution for capturing and recording microsurgery applications. The MCC-500MD’s compact and light-weight design allows the camera’s C-mount head to be easily mounted on most existing surgical microscopes.
- 1/2.9-type Exmor Full HD CMOS image sensor, with an effective pixel count of 1920(H) x 1080(V), to deliver high-quality images.
- Compact and Lightweight Camera Head Unit
- Wide Variety of Video Formats – from SD to Full HD (1080/60p)
- Three types of camera cable (6 m / 10 m / 15 m) and one extension cable (5 m) are available as options.
- The Picture Profile feature allows you to easily call up customized picture-tonal settings to suit particular shooting conditions at the touch of a button via the front panel. Up to six different settings (such as parameters including exposure, sharpness, gamma, and white balance) can be saved/loaded into the camera memory.
- The image output can be flipped either horizontally or vertically. or both horizontally and vertically.
- A still image can be displayed by simply pressing the FREEZE button.
- Various white balance modes can be selected depending on the light source such as Xenon Lamp mode, Halogen Bulb mode, White LED mode, and Auto-Tracing White Balance mode.
- The camera can output a color bar by simply pressing the BARS button. This is convenient when checking connection during camera installation*1.
- Equipped with an RS-232C connector to enable control from an external host device such as a computer
- By activating fluorescein mode, users can obtain the same images as those achieved using an optical yellow filter.Compliance with Medical Safety Standards